Timing Belt Replacement in Campbell, CA
How does a timing belt work?
Your vehicle's timing belt is one of the most crucial parts that keeps your car running. It links the camshaft (which opens and closes the engine's valves to allow air and gas in and out of the engine) to the crankshaft, which manages the pistons of your engine. In most vehicles, the timing belt also operates your vehicle's water pump, oil pump, and injection pump. In other cars, the serpentine belt powers the vehicle's water pump, alternator, air conditioner, and power steering pump. Because your timing belt is so critical to a positive driving experience, it is important to get it checked at Made in Japan/USA/Europe in Campbell when a problem with your vehicle occurs.
How do I know if I need a timing belt replacement?
If your timing belt breaks or cracks, it can cause severe damage to your vehicle. Some signs of a bad or worn out timing belt chain include:
- Your vehicle's engine is stalling.
There are teeth on timing belts which grip gears as they’re rotating various engine parts and components. If these teeth ever start falling off or become brittle, the timing belt will start to slip away from the gears.
- There is smoke coming from your engine.
The top of every cylinder has two holes that let out engine exhaust and let in air. The opening and closing of these holes are synchronized with how the cylinders move and how the camshaft rotates. A worn out or broken timing belt means this movement is not synchronized, causing a buildup of exhaust that is expelled in the form of smoke. This is a serious issue, and if you are in , Boise, Eagle, Kuna, Nampa, or nearby, you can stop by Made in Japan/USA/Europe to get the problem checked out.
- You hear odd noises coming from the engine.
If you hear a ticking noise coming from your engine, it could indicate a failing timing belt or low oil pressure within your engine.
Although the recommended interval to replace your timing belt is every 100,000 miles, if you are experiencing one or more of the symptoms above, it's a good idea to bring your car to an auto repair shop that can quickly diagnose and repair the issue. That shop is Made in Japan/USA/Europe in Campbell. Our technicians and owner Tony Zanders have decades of combined experience and have extensive factory and/or advanced technical training in auto repair, as well as timing belt replacement. If you are in Santa Clara County or surrounding areas, don't hesitate to schedule an appointment with us today!
How much will a timing belt replacement cost?
For preventative reasons, replacing a timing belt can cost anywhere between $550 and $1,200, with around 60 percent of the cost going towards labor and the other 40 percent going towards parts. While this may sound expensive, it is most cost-effective to get your timing belt replaced at the first sign of trouble, rather than wait for conditions to get worse. If not treated quickly, a broken timing belt can also damage your vehicle's valves, pistons, or water pump, which could cost you a lot more money.
To find out how much a timing belt replacement for your vehicle would cost, don't hesitate to give Made in Japan/USA/Europe in Campbell a call.
Your award-winning local Shop for Timing Belt Replacement
If you are in need for a timing belt replacement and are in or nearby the 95008 area, look no further than Made in Japan/USA/Europe. We've been fixing cars since 1981 and will make sure we make the most accurate diagnoses of repairs your vehicle needs. From oil changes, fluid services and tune-ups to transmission repair, we have expanded our service list and can take care of all aspects of your vehicle, bumper to bumper.
Here are some reasons why you should choose us:
- Locally owned and operated since 1981
- Only OEM and OEM-approved parts/components
- We have a review score of 5 based on reviews from 241 satisfied customers.
- Shuttle on all services, loaner on major service, free towing (limited)
- Alternative payment options (see our financing page)
- Our diverse team is sure to have an expert in the make and model of your vehicle
Don't hesitate to schedule an appointment with us online or give us a call at 408-866-5300 today!