Nissan recently announced that it will include its Safety Shield 360 ADAS features on ten models, including Nissan Leaf, Titan, Maxima, Kicks, Sentra, and Rogue Sport.
ADAS – advanced driving assistance systems – provide drivers with automatic safety features. Some of the features simply warn the driver of a potential danger, some automatically engage brakes to prevent or lower the severity of impending collision.
Nissan’s “Safety Shield 360” is a set of six ADAS features that are particularly important for driver, passenger and pedestrian safety. They include:
• Rear Cross Traffic Alert – when reversing out of a parking spot, driver is warned about approaching vehicles
• Blind Spot Warning – assists driver in noticing vehicles occupying blind spot areas
• Automatic Emergency Braking with Pedestrian Detection – this feature uses forward-facing radar and camera to track vehicles in front as well as pedestrians crossing the road. In addition to audible and visual warning signals, it can apply brakes to help avoid a collision, or reduce its severity
• Rear Automatic Braking – it helps to detect objects when backing up. Will automatically engage brakes to avoid collision.
• High Beam Assist – automatically switches to low beam when detects a vehicle in front. It will also automatically switch back to high beams when appropriate.
• Lane Departure Warning – alerts driver when vehicle is drifting out of the current lane.
At Made in Japan/USA/Europe we are thrilled that the new technology is making everyone safer. As the premier Campbell auto repair shop, we service and repair thousands of vehicles each year, and we see plenty of dents and scratches.
Our Campbell, Ca repair shop offers full service Nissan maintenance, diagnostics and repairs. Whether your Nissan Rouge needs check engine light diagnostics, or your Nissan Sentra has transmission issues (2013 and 2014 Sentra models have a tendency to develop transmission problems), you can count on our nationally ASE certified technicians to take great care of your vehicles.
We back our work with a 3 year or 36,000 miles warranty, and offer free local shuttle for your convenience.
It is easy to make an appointment – you can do so online, or call the shop at (408) 770-5069 if you prefer to speak with a human.